Chocolate Brown Rice Pudding
(Yields: 2 bowls, Serving: 2, Prep time: 10 mins, Cook time: 30 mins (rice))
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (recipe here*)
- 1 cup water
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional)
Add 2 cups of cooked rice with a cup of water. Be sure to use freshly cooked rice. If it’s from the fridge, it won’t taste as good.
Blend until the mixture is very thick. At first, it will be more watery.
Add the banana, almond milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, raisins and cocoa powder.
Note: Cinnamon will make the pudding taste more like cinnamon than chocolate, so don’t use if you don’t want it to be overpowered by cinnamon taste.
Add maple syrup last if you don’t think it’s sweet enough.
Blend until smooth and serve.