Veggie Salad with Noodles and Garlic Ginger Dressing
(Yields: 1 plate, Serving: 2, Prep time: 25 mins, Cook time: 15 mins)
- 1-2 bundles whole wheat noodles (I used sorghum, other good choices: buckwheat, whole wheat noodles)
- 1/2 zucchini
- 3-4 bundles cilantro
- 5 baby carrots
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 scallion/green onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon less sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 2-3 sprinkles freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- A sprinkle of sea salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
Prepare the veggies:
Chop the zucchini, baby carrots, bell pepper and cilantro into thin strips.
Chop the green onion in very small round circles.
In a saucepan, add noodles and water and bring it to a boil, then continue cooking on high heat for about 6-10 minutes until the noodles are cooked.
(All noodles are different, some may take longer and others shorter, so do check and taste)
In a separate bowl, mix together the ingredients for the dressing: olive oil, lemon juice, sesame oil, garlic powder, paprika, vinegar, soy sauce, maple syrup, black pepper, pepper flakes, garlic and ginger powder.
Drizzle the dressing with the veggies to marinate it.
Set the green onions and sesame seeds aside for later use and wait for the noodles to cook.
Once noodles are cooked, drain all the water and pour it in the bowl with the veggies and stir well.
Top it with the green onions and sesame seeds and serve.