10 Ways to Instantly Feel Better
I’ve seen quite a lot of these posts around and I wanted to share ten ways that I instantly feel better. Hope they (or some) work for you too.
1. Share it. If you have a problem, don’t keep it to yourself. From my experience, sharing a problem often halves the burden. There’s a saying that the weight of a bowl isn’t the issue, it’s how long you hold it. If you hold onto your own problems for so long, it will just slowly weigh you down.
2. Sunlight. If you can go outside under the sun, do it. Sunshine brings such a great amount of happiness to me. I would even consider sunshine as a natural source of antidepressant.
3. Get Nostalgic. I don’t know why, but nostalgia is one of the strongest positive feelings I could experience. It makes me feel as if I am on top of the world. Sometimes, all it takes is an old TV show, movie, song or smell to bring up those emotions.
4. Write a Blog Entry. I don’t know why, but when I really sit down and get creative, it makes me happy. Not everyone are bloggers, but you can also try writing a letter, journal or something to look back on.
5. RUN! If you can go outside, just go for a quick run or bounce up and down. I find that exercises can often make me happier. Some days, I’d be gloomy until I started walking, and all of a sudden I’d get some really creative ideas and hope.
6. Treat yourself. Give yourself a nice treat by doing things that make you happy, whether it’s massage, shopping, a warm bubble bath, a get together with friends or anything else that makes you happy.
7. Good a healthy and Delicious Meal. Nothing beats eating a delicious meal, but even better, you can make it healthy!
8. Solve your Problem. You may be surprised that the negative emotions you feel may be because you have unsolved problems. Often, when problems are solved, you will feel an instant release, a great happy feeling. That’s your body’s way of telling you to get your act together and solve the problem that’s eating away from you.
9. Plan something Exciting. That is, you got the time and money. Life can get a bit dull and boring sometimes, and what makes me feel great is planning something in the near future for something I want to do, such as a vacation or convention.
10. Connect with Nature. Whether it’s sitting on a rock, standing on sand, holding dirt or feeling the wind, anything to do with nature just seem to have a wonderful, healing effect.