(Yields: 2 bowls, Serving: 2, Prep time: 15 mins, Cook time: mins)
- 1 tomato
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1/2 potato
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan/sea salt
- A few sprinkles pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 sprigs parsley for garnish
(This is just some of the ingredients)
Dice the tomato, onion, potato and garlic in very small, fine cubes and put it in a saucepan along with the lentils.
Add the water, tomato paste, lemon juice, smoked paprika, garlic powder, coriander, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper into the pan as well, and stir well.
Bring the pot of soup to a boil (takes about 10 minutes), then turn the heat to medium low (3-4) and simmer for about 30 minutes.
Once the heat is turned off, add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
Garnish with parsley and serve.