If you are a crazy worker like me, even for things like working on my website, I refuse to let a single day slip past without working on it.
The thought of taking a vacation has always been terrifying. My fears mostly were –
The Negatives of taking time off:
- I would not be as motivated when I get back.
- I’d forget how to write/blog.
- I would have way too much to catch up on.
- I will lose readers.
The list of fears go on and on, but you get the picture, right? It’s an unhealthy fear that limits you from doing many things. Let me tell you the benefits of taking time off.
The Positives of taking time off:
- It gives you a chance to recharge.
- Going through something new will actually give you more life experiences, and may even help with what you are doing and give you new perspectives.
- It gives you a chance to really enjoy a day without worry.
- It may inspire you even more than you think.
- There’s a chance something really amazing will happen when you do something different.
I think if I gave myself this list a few weeks ago, I would’ve said: No, the positives outweigh the negatives, and I can’t do it.
But, since I’ve experienced it, I can see just how beneficial it was.
Not only was I able to experience so many new foods on vacation, they inspired me about what I did on my website. I learned new combinations of food I had never thought of before, and there’s no way I would have possibly discovered that if it wasn’t for this trip.
The important thing is, you must be compassionate about what you do. If you don’t even like it that much, you’re likely to hate going back to it. Perhaps in the past, I’ve always done jobs I hated, so I feared that if I took a vacation and came back, I wouldn’t want to do it again. I was wrong, because this time, I actually chose something I loved, so I couldn’t wait to get back to it.
So if you are thinking of taking some time off but feel as if you’re bound by your work or duties, let me say that taking time off may just be what you need. It will help clear your mind, help you relax and possibly inspire you a great deal.